A community based on civil discussions of topics, especially video gaming but not limited thereto, and socialization with community friends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

YouTube tags

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 238
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: YouTube tags   Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm still observing problems with the YouTube tags. I've had difficulty finding information regarding the problem, but I read elsewhere that there seems to be problems with YouTube URLs that include hyphens (-) and underscores (_). Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the videos I have tried posting have one or the other in them.

There are a couple alternatives besides simply not posting them.

1) We can use the Flash tag. Instead of dropping the YouTube video URL between the YouTube tags, they work if they are placed between Flash tags. The neat thing I have found with the Flash tags is that in the tag you can include parenthesis with width and height dimensions, allowing us to set how big or small the video window is.
for example:
[flash(640,480)] followed by the URL and then a closing Flash tag

2) I could enable HTML and people could post the Embed scripts that YouTube provides. However, thus far I have been unwilling to enable HTML because it would allow posters to do things that I perhaps would not like them doing. Limiting posters to use of BBCode at least keeps posts within relative reason, but a lot can be done with HTML and I may not want some of it in posts. For now I'll leave HTML turned off in posts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/phillipnelson
Clan Jade Falcon
Level 3
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 64
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: YouTube tags   Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:11 pm

I think you might be right, O Icy One. I just tried a video of the Jade Falcon opening from Mechwarrior 2, and it didn't work because it had a dash or somethign in it. Your favorite clan intro works just fine because it doesn't have dashes or underlines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

YouTube tags
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1