A community based on civil discussions of topics, especially video gaming but not limited thereto, and socialization with community friends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MechWarrior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clan Jade Falcon
Level 3
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 64
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: MechWarrior   Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 pm

I saw there wasn't anything in the PC board yet, so I made a thread about MechWarrior.

So, what's anybody's favorite Mechwarrior game? What clan do you fight for? What kind of weapons do you prefer? What is your favorite mech?

I like MechWarrior 2. I fight for Clan Jade Falcon. I like missiles especially long range missiles. My favorite mech is the Hellhound because it's fast and I can add jump jets to it and it allows a nice mix of weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 238
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: MechWarrior   Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 pm

I've played MechWarrior on the SNES, MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries, and MechWarrior 4: Vengeance, and while the classic MechWarrior 2 still brings back fond memories, MechWarrior 4 was clearly the best of these.

I'm personally loyal to Clan Wolf.

Regarding weapons, I prefer energy weapons paired with a pile of heat sinks. I like energy weapons because I hate having limited ammo like you get with missiles or bullet-type weapons. Speed is also important to me, for which reason I don't like PPCs because once I fire I can go make a sandwich and come back in time to fire again, and I hate being unable to attack.

Regarding mechs, I like big mechs with lots of weapons and armor, but speed is again somewhat important to me. I tend to favor mechs in the 70 to 100 ton range, often using something like the Mad Cat/Timber Wolf, but I like to equip jump jets, especially with super-heavy 100-ton mechs that take forever to get around.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/phillipnelson
Sam Dalton

Male
Number of posts : 110
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: MechWarrior   Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:49 am

I never got into MechWarrior all that much, but I did play the second one a bit. I played as Wolf clan. I liked big, heavy mechs with lots of missiles. I liked to shoot their legs off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/samdalton1980
Clan Jade Falcon
Level 3
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 64
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: MechWarrior   Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Man, so many Clan Wolf folks around here. Sad